In this post, I will talk about the five reasons why MAYBE you shouldn’t pursue medicine. You may or may not agree with me, but know that these are all just based from my personal experience.
1) Obviously, don’t go to med school if you hate school in general. Maybe you’re the type who learns better from real life experiences outside the classroom? Med school is going to prolong your agony.
2) Don’t pursue medicine if you hate people. (Couldn’t think of a nicer way to put it when I was filming the vid LOL). Medicine is a service oriented industry, and you have to lead an entire health care team. In medicine, you’re going to work FOR and WITH people.
3) Don’t like hard work? There’s no escaping that in medicine. There’s only one way to advance – you have to put in the hours! Although, I personally don’t believe that anyone can be successful in anything unless they are willing to work hard for it.
4) This should go without saying. If you’re only in it for the money, you’ll be VERY disappointed. When you study and train for so long, you lose the TIME that could otherwise be spent earning elsewhere.
5) Finally – be honest with yourself. Don’t pursue medicine if you know in your heart there is something else you’d rather do. Give yourself a chance to pursue what you really want.
That’s it! If video #2 discouraged some of you, I’m thinking video #3 will make you back out altogether.
I’m thinking that’s okay. Ganun talaga sa medisina – matira matibay.