Clerkship is about to start for a lot of fresh meat este 4th year med students! I have a few tips for you based on the things I should’ve done (but mostly didn’t) when I was a clerk myself.
Make the most out of your final year in med school! It can be fun, memorable, and still high-yield if you apply the tips that I enumerate here.
1) I should’ve taken down decent notes.
2) I should’ve mastered the common cases.
3) I should’ve left a good impression.
4) I should’ve take care of myself more.
5) I should’ve been more game.
6) I should’ve been more open-minded.
7) I should’ve been careful online.
Note that I trained in a public tertiary hospital where clerks do a lot of the leg work. Our experiences will surely vary, but everything I mentioned are generally applicable to any med student, no matter where you are in the world. Enjoy!