I’d be lying if I said this is what our weekends-off from the hospital usually look like. But why not, right?
Especially if our one and only weekend off that coincided fell right in the week of our anniversary. (We are from different hospitals and have different duty schedules huhu!) Party party!! Congrats to us besh.. I mean babe lol 🙂 High five!
[Quick story] 15 minutes before I was supposed to be let off from duty, and as Noe was already on his way to pick me up for our trip, I suddenly had to scrub in in an emergency caesarian section due to placenta previa. Unfortunately my reliever wasn’t there yet, and who am I to say no to a bleeding patient? 🙁 Of course I was just quiet about it during the whole operation, but deep inside I wanted to cry. Hahaha. Is this the life we’re getting ourselves into?
Good thing our resident doctors handled that case very well, and I was able to scrub out after an hour.
It was also raining very hard that morning, and even the resort already advised us to postpone our trip. But like what I said, our schedules hardly match, and like what he said, “there are no bad days”, so…
HELLO BATANGAS WEEKEND!! 🙂
Despite the weather forecast, we pushed through with our road trip down south and tried glamping for the first time.
Mind you, we’ve been to legit camping trips a few times in the past (throwback – Potipot Island, Zambales) and we both love it. But when we spotted a random Facebook post about Casa Antonio, our curiosity got the best of us and we decided to try this different kind of adventure.
Look for this sign to know you’ve reached Casa Antonio Glamp Camp!
The camp site
Can accommodate big groups too!
CASA ANTONIO GLAMPING, CALATAGAN, BATANGAS
Here are the top five reasons why we enjoyed our stay, and basically why you should absolutely try glamping yourself too.
1) Having someone else pitch our tent while it was raining. (I felt a little guilty about that though!) If you don’t know how to set-up your own tent, I suggest you watch the staff and learn from them so you can do it yourself next time. But if you already know how to do it anyway, you’re not missing out anymore – right?
2) Not having to start a fire to cook our own meals. That would have been impossible given the weather! Grilling steaks and burying baked potatoes in charcoal would have been fun though, but the chicken and fish they served were so well-cooked that we couldn’t complain.
Dinner was more than enough for two!
Finally, the rain stopped just in time. 🙂
3) Waking up to the sound of ocean waves and a bright, sunny day ahead. For me, this is the BEST part about camping in general.
Breakfast food forever!! Hi coconut-y coffee, miss you 🙂
Our picnic table was set-up right outside our tent.
The power of positive thinking! Hello sunny weather!
Had time to visit a nearby sandbar. 🙂
4) Riding an ATV for the first time! We got to enjoy different activities in the island without worrying about our things because of the camp’s security.
In almost all our trips, we make it a point to get to know the place better by renting motorcycles, but this time we toured using an ATV!
He tried to teach me the how’s and why’s of manual driving lol.
One of our stop-overs
Where else will my feet take me?
5) All the fun of camping, without the inconvenience. It really depends on you if you think it’s inconvenient to do the usual camping stuff or you think it’s all part of the experience. But nonetheless, it’s best to treat yourself once in a while and try a luxury experience too.
The staff pitching other tents.
We had good music all day and night too!
Parking for vehicles
Comfort rooms and shower
Didn’t get to use these kayaks anymore. 🙁
BOOK YOUR GLAMPING TRIP NOW!
If you’re wondering, we availed of the Glamp Rock Package and we highly recommend it. It’s of course more expensive than the usual camping trips that you can DIY, but for the one of a kind experience, I think it’s worth it.
It’s not just for couples, but also for families, friends, organizations, and company outings. The day of our check-out, the Casa Antonio team was getting ready for the 56 people who were booked for the long weekend. Congrats guys!! 🙂
For inquiries and booking, kindly bisit their FB page by clicking this photo.
Special thanks to Sir Ton and the rest of your team for accommodating us despite the challenges of the weather.
We love Casa Antonio! Until next time!
If you have questions, I’ll try my best to answer based on our experience and the very nifty travel guide that they emailed upon confirmation, but it’s still best to ask in their FB page instead. 🙂