I’ve been receiving questions in my email about studying Medicine in PLM (Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila), as I currently am. I woulda-coulda replied directly had the anonymous senders included their email addresses, but then I realized I was the one who suggested answering them through a blog post. Woops.
So, here they are! Better late than never.
1. Gano po ba karami ang mga estudyanteng galing ibang school? Ilan naman na galing sa PLM? (Tuesday February 5, 2013 at 4:34 pm)
I don’t have the numbers for the whole college. What I know though, is that out of the 36 people in our section, 7 have undergraduate degrees from PLM. That seems like a big enough fraction to me, but it wasn’t explicitly stated anywhere in the application process that PLM undergrads get “additional points”. Also, a lot of other students are from UP Manila and UP Diliman.
2. Ahm nkaformal po b dapt sa interview? (Thursday February 7, 2013 at 3:56 pm)
Semi-formal / office attire will do. Take note of the following too.
3. WHAT PREMED COURSE YOU TOOK ? (Wednesday February 20, 2013 at 10:09 am)
4. Hello. Isn’t it too late to take the MCAT? When is the MCAT exam? Do they accept transferees? Im planning to enroll this june2013, as a freshmen but i think its too late to enroll in PLM, and, naisip ko, enroll ko sa ibang school this june and mgtake ng NMAT while in 1st year medicine then transfer to PLM. Is it possible? This blog inspires mena mgenroll sa PLM. (Thursday April 4, 2013 at 5:19 pm)
The deadline for PLM application was in January, and the MCAT was in March. So yes, it is too late for you this year. Also take note that PLM does not accept transferees or students previously enrolled in other med schools. I’m glad I somehow made you consider PLM. 🙂
5. Hi, tumatanggap ba PLM ng non Manila resident/voter? (Saturday April 6, 2013 at 1:06 pm)
For the College of Medicine, yes – but your tuition will be 2-3x the price of Manila voters.